These Vanilla Sugar Snap Cookies Are Versatile & Taste Divine
As a child, I have a fond memories walking into the school cafeteria and looking to see what dessert they had on offer that day. One of my absolute favourites was this light, moist sponge coated in smooth raspberry jam, sprinkled with lots of dessicated coconut. I remember it was always served in square portions with lashings of steaming custard and it would always leave me wanting more. Now, I can happily bake up a whole tray of this glorious cake and sit there and eat as much of it as I like! So, I just had to have this recipe on my blog and hope you’ll enjoy this old school raspberry jam coconut cake as much as you remember too!
- This one-bowl recipe is super easy and quick to make
- You can store this cake for up to 5 days in an airtight container
- You can use any jam you like, although raspberry is the winner for me
- Make this cake gluten free by adding free from flour, and dairy free by adding dairy free butter
- If you looove raspberries, why not add a few chopped raspberries to the cake mixture before baking?
- Why not make cupcakes instead? All you have to do is divide the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 15 minutes
- Check your cake after 30 minutes. If your cake is starting to brown too much, add a layer of foil on top
If you enjoyed this old school raspberry jam coconut cake, let me know in the comments below! Why not try my old school sprinkle cake too?